Saturday, January 23, 2016

The 90s Are Back: My First ColourPop Haul

Hello, beauties! ColourPop is all the rage among makeup lovers like myself, but since it's not sold in stores, I've never tried it before. I'm always very hesitant to spend my money online if I don't know whether I'll like the product or not. But a few weeks ago, ColourPop was having a sale that I just couldn't resist, and I'm so excited to talk about my first ColourPop Cosmetics haul!


The 90s Are Back: My First ColourPop Haul - CKellyBlush


A few months back, ColourPop released a collection of their world-famous eyeshadows and Lippie Stix lipsticks that was inspired by the shades and trends of the 90s. As a 90s child, I was immediately sucked in by the fantastic names that brought back memories of beloved bands and movies, and also by the nostalgic colors (I love a good brown shade, goes great with flannel and ripped jeans). I bought the Lippie Stix lip color in Grunge, with the matching Lip Pencil, and two Super Shock Shadows in Central Perk and Mixed Tape (all still available to purchase).


The 90s Are Back: My First ColourPop Haul - CKellyBlush

Mixed Tape is a stop-dead-in-your-tracks gorgeous silver shimmery shadow. It's a darker silver, looks like gray with unicorn tears poured into it. 

The 90s Are Back: My First ColourPop Haul - CKellyBlush

Probably my favorite eyeshadow at the moment, not just for the Friends reference in the name. Central Perk is the perfect burgundy matte eyeshadow. I stick it in the crease and it's so flattering with my fair skin and dark hair. I absolutely love it. This is usually the first eyeshadow I reach for.


The 90s Are Back: My First ColourPop Haul - CKellyBlush

And my favorite, most coveted purchase, my first Lippie Stix in the matte shade Grunge. I adore this color, it's a beautiful brick shade. Grunge is the perfect balance of brown and a hint of red, very fitting for fall and winter. Makes me want to listen to Nirvana and wear my JNCO jeans.

Overall, I am not surprised why ColourPop is so popular. Besides the fact that they include a personalized note in every order, which I think is wonderful, you just can't beat the quality for the affordable price. Most everything is under $10, so getting a little haul like this definitely doesn't break the bank. 

The Super Shock Shadows are so pigmented, but not in an intimidating way. With a shade like Central Perk, for example, I was nervous that the boldness of the color would get out of control quickly. However, with a light hand, I can get the exact intensity I want for any given look. They are easy to work with, and also stay put all day.

The Lippie Stix are definitely worth the hype. I love the fact that ColourPop creates a matching lip liner for every shade. For lip liner idiots like myself, it makes everything much easier. Both the liner and the lipstick are smooth, creamy, and opaque- everything you'd want in a lip look. They are comfortable and long-lasting.

For my first haul, I am seriously impressed with the quality and value of ColourPop and will definitely order again.

Have you tried ColourPop? What are your favorite items, help me build my shopping list by commenting below!!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try Colourpop already, just holding off due to shipping to the UK.. Central Perk looks amazing! Loving the 90s names (fellow 90s baby)

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over from tonights #USblogger chat on Twitter! Ahhhh this may be the push i needed to finally order some colorpop!
    xoxo kuwcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ColourPop!!! I have a major collection problem, and the price range just makes me want to but more! Their lippie sticks are incredible quality and the super shock shadows are amazing. I just grabbed the new Kathleen lights quad and it's pretty brilliant. Everyone needs more ColourPop in their life.

    Tazhiana | tazhiluxe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...