Sunday, March 20, 2016

I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution

I gotta admit, lovelies, there's something super satisfying about reading haul posts and peeking into someone else's life to see what they bought (and adding things to my shopping list). I love sharing my own hauls with you all, too! 

Makeup Revolution is relatively new to the States, appearing first on Ulta's website and select stores. However, it seems like they've expanded their presence by installing beautiful new displays in most of Ulta's brick-and-mortar stores. I'm so excited, and I hope Ulta brings over even more products from the line. My first purchase when the brand became available was the Mermaids Forever palette, which I love (more details in my Favorite Fall Makeup 2015 post). Now that it's in my local store, I went a bit nuts and got quite the haul!


I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution - CKellyBlush


While browsing the new display, the first thing that caught my eye was The Matte Blush in New Rules. WHOA what a color!


I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution - CKellyBlush

I have nothing else like this in my collection. It's like an electric coral with magenta mixed in, it's wild. I have incredibly fair skin, but something about this color told me not to be afraid! With a light touch, this blush is very wearable, and really unique. This is going to be a great color for the spring and summer, it's so energetic!

Next I picked up two of the Vivid Baked Highlighters, Peach Lights and Golden Lights.


I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution - CKellyBlush

These are so pretty even just in the pan, and at the affordable price point, who could resist. The Peach Lights to me is more pink than peach, but I can see the hints of orange in it that put it towards the peach tone. My complaint about the Peach Lights is that it is very dry and rough (at least mine is). The Golden Lights is buttery and smooth, and applies so easily, but the Peach Lights takes more effort to blend and is rough to the touch. I've also gotten several compliments when I wear the Golden Lights, so it's quickly become my favorite.

Next I picked up two of the Amazing Lipsticks, in Reckless and Rebel With Cause.


I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution - CKellyBlush

So far, I have only tried Reckless, which in the tube looks like a beautiful deep blueish red. Unfortunately on my lips it looked more pink than red. It was still a beautiful color and I will continue to wear it, I was just disappointed that it wasn't the blue red I was hoping for. The day I tried it, I knew it was going to be one of "those" days, and I wanted a fierce red lip to help me get through. Pink was not helpful.

Rebel With Cause is a berry shade, and I think it will be great for spring and summer (fingers crossed).

Lastly, I bought the Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer in Rebel, which pretty much is the Amazing Lipstick Rebel With Cause in liquid form. This promises to be a matte, long-wearing lip color.


I Love a Good Haul: Makeup Revolution - CKellyBlush

I haven't worn this out yet, but I have tried it around the house. This is an incredibly pigmented product, and it floored me when I first put it on. However, a piece of advice, do not purse your lips together at all until it's fully dried. If it's even just a tad tacky and you rub your lips together, it patches off in chunks and you'd might as well take it all off and start over. It also smells like chemicals, but seriously the product is beautiful.

I love how more and more affordable, quality brands are popping up. Makeup Revolution is quickly headed towards the top of my drugstore shopping list. I really hope Ulta keeps bringing more products over to the States, since the line is huge over in the UK.

What are your favorite Makeup Revolution products, what do I need to try? Comment down below :)

And remember to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin to keep in touch!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...