Thursday, April 10, 2014

#makeupaddict (or, About Me)

I am no beauty queen, I'm just your Average Joe (or in my case, Average Josephine), but I am completely devoted to makeup. I love the confidence it gives me, where I know that I look presentable and put together. I love the fun I have experimenting and trying new looks and styles. I love looking at all the products on the shelves, beautifully packaged and full of promises, choosing the next item I get to take home and try. If I won the lotto, I would rent out Ulta or Sephora for a day, and just go nuts.

My fair skin is freckly and never tans (is red a shade of tan?). Unfortunately, adult acne plagues my face, so covering breakouts effectively is very important. My dark thick hair is neither straight, wavy, nor curly, but instead just exists on top of my head. Figuring out what works and what doesn't so that I look my best is a never-ending saga.

You will hear me talk a lot about Bare Minerals. In the search for the perfect foundation, Bare Minerals Original loose powder is it for me, I'm a diehard fan. In the shade Fairly Light, I am able to cover up any new breakouts and even out my complexion without it ever looking like I'm wearing too much makeup. While I use products from many other companies (Benefit is also a favorite of mine), Bare Minerals foundation will be my go-to until the sun goes cold in the sky.

I don't claim to know everything there is about techniques, and I have in no way mastered application methods (eyeliner is so tricky!). I haven't gone to beauty school. I write about my own experiences; the trials, the mishaps and the successes, and I look forward to sharing them all with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...