Saturday, August 23, 2014

IT's All About You! IT Cosmetics Review

I have been dying to try IT Cosmetics for a while now, seeing the beautiful Jamie Kern Lima on QVC so many times creating a flawless complexion on herself and the models. I would see blemishes, rosacea, birthmarks, anything covered up with ease and with a natural finish. Plus, Jamie's enthusiasm was infectious. The price tag was the only thing standing in my way. IT is not cheap.

A few months ago, however, I got my chance with a Today's Special Value of a five piece IT Cosmetics set for a very (incredibly) reasonable price. It included a Celebration Foundation (I have the shade Fair), Bye Bye Undereye Waterproof Anti-Aging Concealer, Brow Power Universal Eyeshadow Pencil, CC+ Radiance Palette, and the Heavenly Luxe Dual-Ended Complexion Perfection Brush.

I debated whether to go for it or not, as I am quite happy with my current foundation routine, but in the end I ordered.

IT's All About You! IT Cosmetics Review - CKellyBlush

When I tried it at first, I was really unsure how I felt about it. There is a definite learning curve with most of the products except the foundation. The foundation was a no-brainer, and melted beautifully into my skin. I love the texture of it, and the shade is an absolute perfect match for my extremely pale skin (I know the photo looks like just a reflection in the compact, but no, it's actually just that light!).

I had heard such rave reviews about the Bye Bye Undereye Concealer, I was very excited to try it. The first time I used it, however, I used WAY too much. When I applied it, it was sticky, cakey and awful. Less is more with this one, no exaggeration. A pinhead sized amount is perfect. Let it warm up on the back of your hand, and then with a light touch, use the concealer brush to dab the tiniest bit onto the end of the brush and apply to the face. I find dabbing works better than swiping with this concealer. The tiniest amount goes a long way, and although you may think a pinhead size amount won't cover everything, it really does. Once I got this routine down, I fell in love with this concealer. It lasts all day, doesn't crease, and covers everything really well. I've had a recent recurrence of acne (see my plight here) and the Bye Bye Undereye has covered it up better than my HG bareMinerals concealer (I can't believe I just admitted that!).

My education into IT continued with the CC+ Radiance Palette. This generously-sized palette includes a blush stain, a matte bronzer, and a CC+ Brightening Finishing Powder that according to the packaging promises to "color correct your complexion and give the look of healthy, glowing, younger-looking skin."

The bronzer is a universal shade that I think could help contour all skin tones. It's very easy to use, and is subtle yet buildable. It definitely gives the look of being out in the sun, but without overdoing it. The trouble with this palette, however, started with the blush stain. I was already unsure of this shade because it is super bright and has a lot of orange tones. Being so pale, shades like this can make me look like a clown if I am not careful, as my usual blushes are more pink.

I had to learn my lesson the hard way that less is more with this product as well. I made the grave mistake of swirling my Heavenly Luxe brush (which is awesome) in the blush stain. It was so much blush on my cheeks I could have been mistaken for Bozo the Clown! I panicked, my cheeks super bright, and tried to wipe some of it off, but as it's a stain, nothing was coming off! I tried to hide it a bit by putting some foundation over it, but that was the best I could do since I was already late for work and couldn't start over. I was so embarrassed (which didn't help the redness of my cheeks). So now, I only dab my brush in the product a few times and I get the perfect amount! Swirlers be warned: tap, tap, tap! Now that I know the proper application, I actually love the shade. It's a great summer color.

The only part of the palette I'm still not sure of is the CC+ Brightening Finishing Powder. It is a great setting powder, and does a fantastic job of the ever-important final blend. I would equate it to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, where it gives an airbrushed look to your makeup. However, I have noticed no brightening or color correction of my skin at all.

I have no use for the Brow Power Universal Eyeshadow Pencil, as my eyebrows don't really need filling in. The concept of this pencil is very cool, though, where the color of the pencil depends on the amount of pressure you apply when shaping your brows. The lighter you press, the lighter the shade. You can expect this item to be included in a future giveaway.

I am so happy I got the opportunity to try IT Cosmetics via this Today's Special Value. I wouldn't say I like it better than bareMinerals, but these are all products I would definitely consider repurchasing. Especially the Bye Bye Undereye. It's a really great concealer not only for those pesky dark circles, but it works great on covering acne and discolorations.

Have you tried IT Cosmetics? Any favorite products?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard SO MANY good things about this brand, but I've never tried anything from it! I have my eye on the concealer though :)

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price tag has always kept me away, but so far so good! I think the concealer is worth its weight in gold, once you get the hang of it.

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...