Monday, December 15, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday: Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Happy Monday, beauty babes! I'm back with another installment of my Impulse Buy Monday series, and today it's all about the cult favorite setting powder, Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder.

Impulse Buy Monday: Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

I had never heard of this product until one of my favorite YouTubers, LearningToBeFearless, raved about it in several of her videos.
She said it's her HG setting powder, leaving a beautiful finish, and never settling into lines and creases. I was intrigued, so I did a little research on where to get it.

Let me tell you, it is hard to find!! I couldn't locate it in any actual stores near me, but I did find it on Amazon. I'm always hesitant to order cosmetics off of Amazon, as I know the internet is full of fraudulent products, but if I see an item is sold and shipped by Amazon and not a third party seller, I feel a bit better about its authenticity.

This powder comes in many different variations, both colored and translucent. I decided to buy the Fragrance Free Luminous Translucent (071-25). The container is 2.3 oz, so there is a ton of product and I think this container will last me years and years. The back of the package describes the powder as "Microspun" and promises to help cover "tiny lines, wrinkles and blemishes."

Coty Airspun is a wonderfully fine powder, and very soft to the touch. The powder itself is a very light peachy nude shade, but when applied to my skin I notice no color at all. In the container, you can see very tiny shimmer flecks, I guess for the luminous effect, but again when applied I don't notice any shimmer (which is good, I don't want to be sparkly all over!). It comes with a large poof that looks like pure wool and is kind of scratchy. I do not use it to actually apply the powder, instead I keep it in the top of the package to prevent any product from escaping.

My first red flag was that there is a typo in the description on the back label. Instead of the word "until," the package says "unlit." This worries me because it makes me think the product isn't legitimate.

My second red flag was that "fragrance free" is really "fragrance full." It's not a bad smell by any means, but there's a definite scent.

Other than that, I really like this powder. I tap some into the lid of the container, and use a large fluffy brush to swirl and buff it lightly into my skin, concentrating on my oily areas and anywhere I applied concealer. It does not look powdery, which is always a danger with setting powders. I hate it when I work so hard on my foundation, only to have it look dusty when I put on finishing powder.

Coty Airspun also helps keep my foundation looking fairly fresh all day. I've noticed I don't seem as oily and my makeup hasn't started to disappear when I take a look in the afternoon. I also haven't noticed any creasing or settling into any lines.

Impulse Buy Verdict: While the typo on the back makes me nervous about its legitimacy, Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder seems to live up to the internet hype and its cult status. I'm glad I bought it, and for under $10 it's a great value that I won't have to repurchase for years to come.

Have you tried Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder?

4 comments:

  1. It was my go to powder (translucent light) for decades before mineral powers came along. Great for keeping oil at bay & setting everything. I use on my lashes, too, to boost volume between mascara coats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fantastic idea to put it on lashes! I'm going to have to try that.
      Thanks for reading!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been having that issue of powders making my face look too dusty, so I'm definitely going to have a look out for this :)

    Also, love the concept of an impulse buy Monday ;)

    Great post!
    Charlotte xx

    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem, if a powder isn't fine enough, I end up looking like my face is covered in ash! I've been having that issue with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder if I use too much, so I'm glad I tried this. And thank you so much for your kind words! I really enjoy doing the Impulse Buy Monday posts, as I have a serious Impulse Buy problem lol. At least something good comes out of my shopping addiction!!
      Thanks for reading!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...