Monday, December 29, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Compact Cream

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Compact Cream -CKellyBlush

Happy Monday! I think I may have to rename this segment to "Physicians Formula Monday" since most of my recent impulse buys have been from their brand. But Physicians Formula has been on clearance at Rite Aid and CVS so often lately I just can't resist.


My latest acquisition is the Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Compact Cream in the shade Light. This cute little compact caught my eye because of the packaging. I love sparkly holographic packaging! Plus the big 75% Off sticker doesn't hurt.

I have never been a huge fan of BB Creams, at least of the American versions (I hear that overseas versions have much more coverage and live up to the hype). Usually they turn out to be glorified tinted moisturizers that don't perform on any of their promises. Honestly, if this hadn't been 75% off, I wouldn't have given it a second look. I've heard so many good things about Physicians Formula CC Cream, that I figured their BB at a steep discount could be worth a shot. Plus, I was interested in the idea of a cream compact.

This product promises "10+ Beauty Benefits" including: Smoothing, Moisturizing, Protecting, Firming, Priming & Filling, Perfecting, Concealing, Brightening, Line Softening, and Long-Wearing. It includes SPF 30, and comes with a sponge and mirror. Unfortunately, for some unexplainable reason it only comes in Light and Light-Medium.

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Compact Cream -CKellyBlush

The formula is a wonderfully creamy texture (it stays creamy, this is not a cream to powder), and the included sponge actually does a decent job of applying and blending. I think a flat top blending blush like a Sigma F80 would also do a great job applying it. For the lightest shade offered, it was pretty dark for my skin when first applied (the photo above is pretty accurate, it's that dark for a light shade), but once I blended it out and it sunk into my skin a bit, it was a much better match.

I was very impressed with the coverage considering this was a BB product. It was a light coverage, but far better coverage than any other BB cream I have tried. It felt more like a foundation than the BB products I've encountered. I'd still recommend a primer and a concealer, however, as it doesn't do anything for blemishes, and it will deteriorate after a few hours without a primer.

Much like it's counterparts on the market, I have yet to see any of it's "10+ Beauty Benefits" actually come true. Perhaps some of these benefits can only be seen from the longterm use of this product, but things like priming, long-wearing, brightening, concealing, and perfecting just do not hold water. Also, be prepared for dust to get into the cream as you're applying it. I think it probably transfers from the sponge and also just lands on it from the air, but after a few times of using it I looked down and there was schmutz in the cream.

Despite it's failings in terms of perfecting your skin, the product is perfect for days when you don't need a full face of makeup. Maybe you're having a really great skin day and don't need foundation, or maybe you're just running to the market. Perhaps you're traveling and want something that's not going to get destroyed in your luggage. This BB Compact Cream is absolutely what I would reach for in those situations. It's a quick and easy way to get that little bit of coverage I need without going through my whole makeup routine.

Impulse Buy Verdict: Glad I bought this, I got a good product at a fantastic price. If I was looking to go the extra mile, I would try pairing this with their BB Powder compact as well. Also, I think Physicians Formula just came out with the same type of cream compact in their CC formula, I may consider purchasing that to compare.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen this before, but it seems to be a decent product! I may have to look into this brand more. Lovely post!
    http://youfounderin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that Physicians Formula generally does a good job. Don't pay full price though, they go on sale a lot in my experience!
    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a bb cream in a compact like this before. Looks very handy! Sounds like a good enough product as well :)
    Kirsty x

    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...