Monday, March 9, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Cheek & Lip

Happy Monday, lovelies! Sometimes I hit the jackpot at the CVS kiosk that prints out Extracare coupons. Yesterday, I received a coupon for $3 off any Physicians Formula purchase, so I immediately headed over to scope out what I could buy. I've been wanting to try so much from their new releases, but nothing was on sale and I wanted to get the most out of the $3 coupon. I looked for the cheapest item out of the new lines, and I found something that I was really excited to get: Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cheek & Lip in the shade Natural Peach.


Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Cheek & Lip - CKellyBlush


If you're unfamiliar, this is a balm product that looks very similar to eos lip balms in the little sphere container. It is currently available in two shades, Natural Peach and Berry Pink. Since I don't have any peach blushes, I went with Natural Peach (and hoped for the best since you can't actually see it). This product contains SPF 20, and promises the usual BB benefits ("Moisturizing, Smoothing, Protecting, Soothing, Hydrating, Conditioning, Glow-Boosting, Perfecting, Line-Softening, Long-Wearing"). It claims to enhance the color of cheeks with a "sheer and buildable" formula.

When I see a multitasking product such as this, I'm wary. How can one product be so perfect that it is not only great on the cheeks, but great on the lips, too? In my experience at least, usually a product billed like this is great in one area, and just okay in the other. I took a chance on this, since it was only $4.99 after my coupon. I figured that if it didn't work on cheeks, which I had a feeling it wouldn't, at least I could use it as a tinted lip balm.


Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Cheek & Lip - CKellyBlush

My first reaction was holy orange! I got really nervous when I saw just how orange it was, as I was expecting something a bit softer. How was this going to look when applied to my cheeks?


Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Super BB Cheek & Lip - CKellyBlush

When I swatched it, it was still very orange! It's a very sheer color, but still: orange. I honestly was scared to put it on my cheeks in case I'd have to wipe it off and start my makeup again. Luckily, when blended out, it is much less orange, and it melts into the skin. 

I've used this twice since purchasing, and it looks really nice in the end. After I'm done with my foundation, I streak this up towards my hairline starting at the outside of the apple of my cheek. I make several passes, and then use my elf Small Stipple Brush to blend it into my skin. Again, this formula is very sheer, so I have had to do another round of application and blending before I get it to the point where I'm happy with the color. The benefits of this unique balm formula of blush is that it's very easy to control, and the end result looks incredibly natural and flattering.

My original logic was that if I didn't like it on my cheeks then I could always use it as a lip balm, however I actually hate it as a lip product! I find it very drying and uncomfortable on my lips, and I have plenty of other lip balms that work much better. So my theory of most multitasking products spreading themselves too thin holds firm, as this is a much better blush than lip gloss.

Impulse Buy Verdict: Like it as a blush, hate it as a lip balm. I probably would not have purchased at full price, but I'm happy I bought it with a coupon.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! Sounds like an ok product but definitely something I'll pass on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the coupon I felt good about the purchase. Definitely would have skipped at full price lol. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...