Sunday, March 1, 2015

February at the Drugstore: A Major Haul

As you may know if you're a fan of my blog, I love finding makeup at the drugstore. It can be a wonderful source for fantastic and reasonably priced cosmetics. What was once often looked down on as low quality, the drugstore beauty section has recently become the place to find trend-setting makeup that can hold their own against prestige competitors. 2015 has brought a huge crop of brand new cosmetics to the drugstore that has drawn me in like a moth to a flame. Along with buying some old favorites, my wallet definitely took a hit this February! Here's the roundup of what I got.



February at the Drugstore: A Major Haul - CKellyBlush

1) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer (Brightener): My HG under eye concealer and highlighter, also works great on blemishes (if your skin tone matches the brightening shade, if not, find the concealer in your normal skin shade).

2) Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer (Cafe and Fair): Going to attempt to use these to contour. Wish me luck, check back for a future post on how these worked!

3) L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eye Liner (Black): This will be featured in an upcoming Impulse Buy Monday, but my first impression was disappointment as when I tried to open it, the entire tip broke off (check out my Instagram for the crime scene).

4) Maybelline Brow Precise (Deep Brown): I've noticed a bit of sparseness in my eyebrows lately, so I was going to attempt to fill them in. However I have two problems: I have no idea how to use a brow pencil, and also I don't think Deep Brown is dark enough for my brows (they didn't offer Black).

5) CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick (in Honeyed Bloom and Romance Mauve): Check out my review here.

6) Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit: These kits seem to be all the rage now, with many brands offering their own take on fiber boosted mascara systems. I've decided to try this one because the fibers are all natural. Keep an eye out for a review!

7) Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Cat Eye Collection Liquid Eyeliner: I heard that this was a very easy to use liquid eyeliner, and easy is good for me! I've used this once and I wasn't completely thrilled, but I was in a hurry and it needs more testing.

I can't wait to incorporate all these beauties into my makeup routine! There's something about brand new cosmetics that is just so exciting. Maybe it's the possibility of finding that perfect item that makes all other makeup pale in comparison? Maybe it's all the pretty packages? Maybe both.

Have you tried any new items from the drugstore lately?
If you're interested in my current top ten beauty items at the drugstore, check out this post.

4 comments:

  1. Great haul! I do like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind as a concealer. I have the Fit Me too and it's just ok in my opinion. Let me know what you think of that PF fiber lash set. I bought it too and tried it last week and well...I'll wait to see what you say! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I've been afraid to try it so far! Lol I'm worried I'm going to wear it to the office and end up having it melt and flake all over my face! I need a weekend day to try it where if it ends up a disaster it's okay.

      Delete
  2. Very nice post :D

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...