Monday, February 23, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick

Happy (freezing) Monday, lovelies! This week's featured impulse buy are two new Colorlicious Lipsticks from CoverGirl. These were bought during a recent drugstore haul where I had an expiring coupon burning a hole in my wallet, plus at CVS that week I could earn $1 in ExtraCare Bucks per CoverGirl item purchased. I really did not need any new lippies, but hey, a good deal is a good deal!

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick - CKellyBlush

The brilliance of the Colorlicious collection is that CoverGirl divides the huge display into different categories: reds, plums, nudes, and pinks, making it incredibly easy to find the color family and shade you're looking for. The annoying thing about this collection is it's impossible to tell from the display what finish each shade has: are they shiny, satin, shimmery, etc. The plastic cap on the tube is completely colored, so you can't see the lipstick inside, and all the shades in each group have the same color cap. The only hint given is at the clear bottom. In the right light I was able to take an educated guess on each shade, whether there was any sparkle to them or not.


I decided to stick with the nudes family, choosing 245 Honeyed Bloom (to the right in the above picture) and 265 Romance Mauve (to the left). I absolutely love these shades! Honeyed Bloom is a very pale pinky nude, and is great for just a hint of color. Romance Mauve is a deeper shade, which I dare to say could be considered a member of the Pantone "Marsala" family (the color of the year!).

Colorlicious Lipstick applies very smooth, and feels lightweight and hydrating on the lips. With these shades I experienced no feathering, and the color lasted a surprisingly long time. I'd also say that the color is vibrant enough that it's pretty true to color and perfectly pigmented. Most important to me, it didn't feel like I was wearing a lipstick that I had to worry about. I didn't have to worry whether it had smudged all over my face, or if it had worn off, or anything at all. This is a great lipstick line for someone who just wants to grab, apply, and go.

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick - CKellyBlush


As I mentioned, the Honeyed Bloom shade gives just a hint of color, and is perfect for work or school. Romance Mauve is still work-appropriate, but a bit more dramatic. In the above swatch, I only did two passes, so you can see the pigment is impressive for drugstore lipstick. To get the swatches off the back of my hand, it took quite a bit of scrubbing with soap and water, so these lipsticks (although not a stain) are going to hold up pretty well on a typical day.

Honeyed Bloom has not left my purse since I bought it, and I use it every day. I'd like to buy some more in this line, however it really bothers me that I can't tell for sure whether I'm going to pick a shade that's frosty or normal. The CoverGirl website is a great source to see each shade and it's finish, but honestly who's got time for that (not me!).

Impulse Buy Verdict: Although I love my high-end lippies, I'm so glad I purchased ColorLicious Lipstick from CoverGirl on a whim. These are (from my experience) quality lipsticks for an affordable price. My collection of lip products is getting out of hand!

Have you tried any lippies from the ColorLicious line?

2 comments:

  1. I love both of these shades! I've been looking for one like Romance Mauve for a while now - it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately Covergirl is hard to get hold of here in the UK :( But shall have a look next time I'm in the States.

    alittlesoapbox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize Covergirl was scarce in the UK! Maybe an online retailer? Either way, I hope you find Romance Mauve, it's a really great shade.

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...