Monday, February 16, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: Tarte's Tres Chic Park Ave Princess Contour Palette

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm very excited about this week's Impulse Buy Monday because it's my first high-end impulse buy, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I recently picked up Tarte's Tres Chic Park Ave Princess Contour Palette, which is a special edition version of their original Park Ave Princess collection.

Impulse Buy Monday: Tarte's Tres Chic Park Ave Princess Contour Palette - CKellyBlush

I'm fairly new to Tarte cosmetics. My best beauty buddy and I split a QVC Today's Special Value from December that included blushes, lippies, eyeshadows, and mascaras, and I really enjoyed my half of it. The Amazonian clay blush was especially gorgeous and very pigmented. I had also heard that the Park Ave Princess Contour Palette was a gem from the Tarte line (frequently mentioned by Tati over at GlamLifeGuru on YouTube, one of my favorite YouTubers). When I saw that this special edition palette was on sale on the Ulta website (here) I jumped at the chance to purchase it.



The packaging is to die for. The box it comes in is adorable and purple (two thumbs up), and has a window in the front so that you can see the luxe gold palette held within. I may keep the box just because it is so cute! The palette itself feels really solid, and the shiny gold just screams luxury. I think this palette would hold up pretty well during travel, but I'd probably keep it in its box to prevent any scratches.

Impulse Buy Monday: Tarte's Tres Chic Park Ave Princess Contour Palette - CKellyBlush

Inside, there's a very large mirror (again, great for travel), and the palette consists of a matte bronzer, a matte blush, and a highlighter. I think there was some sort of mixup on the names of each shade on the packaging, because the shades listed on the Tres Chic box and the plastic sleeve are the same names of the shades in the original Park Ave Princess palette. On the Ulta website, however, they list different names for the shades on the Tres Chic palette. Either way, the bronzer in the Tres Chic edition is a milky brown, the blush is a dusty rose, and the highlighter is a pink champagne.

I've been using this palette pretty consistently for about a week now, and I love it. The bronzer is a great shade to warm up my pale skin. It's not too dark, so I can build it to the perfect amount of contour without worrying that it is too drastically different from my own skin. It also blends easily, so much so that yesterday I put way to much on by accident, but was able to fix it by blending away at it up into my hairline and not having any further issues.

I have to admit, the blush is a bit lacking in pigment, but is completely buildable so with a few extra dips into the pan I'm good to go. Once it's at the perfect amount, it's really flattering. I don't have a dusty rose shade in my collection, so I'm very happy to have this in my arsenal.

Generally I prefer golden or pearl shades of highlighters, but I do really love the pink shade in the Tres Chic palette. Having the pink shade of sparkly highlighter actually gives the palette more versatility, as you can mix it with the blush and make a brand new pink. I also love how soft the highlighter is on its own, it gives the look of a gentle inner glow.

Impulse Buy Monday: Love it, this palette will not be leaving my side for quite a while.

7 comments:

  1. Loving this post!

    www.pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man do I want to get my hands on one of these!!!

    Love, Charline

    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I looked, it's still available on the Ulta website :)
      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  3. This is my go-to palette on a daily basis, so handy all in one spot! And such great quality. Great post!! x
    http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=833

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...