Monday, February 9, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation

Monday has once again reared its ugly head, which means back to work and school. But it also means another installment of Impulse Buy Monday on my blog, where I review what item I just couldn't resist buying and trying this week. I may be a bit late to the party on this beauty product as it came out quite a few months ago, but I held off on buying CoverGirl's Ready Set Gorgeous foundation until recently. It always seemed like this foundation was marketed to a much younger age group, with its pink packaging and Katy Perry spokeswoman. But I kept seeing great feedback about it from all ages of beauty bloggers, so I decided to give it a try.

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation - CKellyBlush

This foundation retails at drugstores for around $7.99, but price varies from store to store (wait for a coupon!). According to the package, it promises a "flawless, natural look that lasts all day." It's oil free and safe for people with sensitive skin.


I picked up Ready Set Gorgeous when I was at Ulta, already purchasing one of the new Lip Lava lip glosses. Ulta had a buy-one-get-one half off deal, and I can't resist a sale!

I really like the packaging, yes it's a bit cutesy but that's okay with me. I love that it comes in a tube, it feels sturdy in my hand (unlike clumsy me holding glass foundation bottles nervously), and I think the tube is great for dispensing the right amount of product for your tastes.

The lightest shade I could find for my pale skin was shade 105 Classic Ivory, but I've noticed that other drugstores like CVS often don't have this light shade and instead start at 110 Creamy Natural. Classic Ivory is even a touch dark for me, so if you're fair, definitely do not get 110 even though it may be the lightest in the display you're looking at.

It's a thick formula, much thicker than the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation that I've been favoring lately. It's a nice creamy texture, but I'm having trouble figuring out what is the perfect amount to squeeze out for the coverage I want. I recommend starting out with a small dollop and build it up if you want. It blends easily with a buffing brush, but I would not want to apply with my fingers as I think it's too thick to blend well on my skin that way. Once applied, it really does make the skin look gorgeous.

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation does last a long time (I use a primer and a setting spray), and provides a medium amount of coverage. However, when it starts to deteriorate, I find it gets a bit patchy and dry looking especially on the forehead. It's not a glaring issue, someone would have to be pretty close to my face to see it, but I do notice it getting cakey and patchy in spots. I haven't experienced any issues in terms of my acne-prone skin, which is really important to me.

Impulse Buy Verdict: CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation isn't just for teenagers! With a price point under $10, this is a good quality foundation that's easy to use and gives a beautiful finish. I also think this foundation would be a great introduction for someone just getting into wearing makeup.

Have you tried CoverGirl's Ready Set Gorgeous line?

4 comments:

  1. I love this foundation!!!! I,too held off buying it for a while, but there's something about the word "NEW" on a label that strikes my impluse ! But, I certainly agree it gives a beautiful finish especially for the price!

    xoxo, Becky
    www.becksbabyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I too can't resist "New," which my makeup collection can attest to!!

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been using it a lot lately, and I really do love it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...