Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: NYX Love in Florence Ciao Bella Eyeshadow Palette

Happy Monday...err Tuesday! It's my busiest time of year at work, and unfortunately I'm struggling to find time to blog lately. But have no fear, my blog is never far from my mind and I will post every spare moment! But all that's besides the point, today I'm reviewing a true impulse buy that I picked up a few weeks ago on clearance at Ulta. They were getting rid of some products to make room for new goodies, so I got the NYX Love in Florence Ciao Bella eyeshadow palette for a steal!

Impulse Buy Monday: NYX Love in Florence Ciao Bella Eyeshadow Palette - CKellyBlush


All the colors have shimmer to them, but the gray is the most matte out of the five. The salmon color in the upper corner was what caught my eye immediately. I think it could also be considered a coral color, but it just reminds me of salmon so much! It's a beautiful shade that I don't have in any other palettes. The pale pink looks like a ballerina pink with a bit of coral mixed in, and it's a really nice transition color from its darker sister above it. The black I thought would be a nice liner color, but be warned there is indeed glitter in it. Not really sure what to do with the gray color, it's such a random eyeshadow shade! I feel like it doesn't completely fit with the rest of the shades. The silver is almost pure glitter.

Impulse Buy Monday: NYX Love in Florence Ciao Bella Eyeshadow Palette - CKellyBlush

I was really looking forward to adding this little palette to my collection. The colors looked gorgeous and the packaging was adorable (a cute little bow acts as the clasp), plus obviously the price was right. However, I was very disappointed with the pigmentation of the shades! It took forever to build up on my eyelid, and several layers to get any color payout even with a primer. I started with the pale pink all over the eyelid, and I just kept having to go back to the pan over and over and over again to get the amount of color I wanted. The salmon showed up a bit better when I applied it to the crease, probably due to the vibrancy of the color. I tried the gray in the outer v of my lid to try and create a bit of a shadow, but like my first impression of it, it didn't seem to fit in the grand scheme. I used the black to smudge a bit along the upper and lower lash line, but again not much color showed up. I've tried a few different looks with the palette, but I really wish the pigmentation was better. It's not a complete loss, as I said the salmon color that made me pick this palette up ended up being the best of the bunch.

Impulse Buy Verdict: I'm going to keep playing with this palette, I'm not giving up yet!!

PS I'm having a blogiversary giveaway! Help me celebrate my one year anniversary, and you might win a beauty bundle prize! Visit my post here.

2 comments:

  1. The coral shade in particular looks stunning! x
    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been sold on that coral shade too, it's gorgeous and actually looks similar to a few blushes I have. That's too bad that the overall quality of the palette wasn't great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...