Sunday, June 14, 2015

Spring 2015 Haul Part 1: Face Products

Hey beauties! I've been MIA for a while because I've been working incredibly hard. This weekend I had my first day off in over a month! Woo! In order to keep my sanity over the past few weeks, I've been treating myself and stopping into drugstores every so often and splurging on makeup. So I have quite the haul to share with you! It's so big I've decided to split it into three parts: Face, Eyes, and Lips.

First up- I stocked up on my favorite setting powder, Rimmel London Stay Matte in Transparent, since I had hit pan in my other compact. So not new and exciting, but nonetheless essential.


The more interesting item is the new foundation I bought. I was late for work one day and decided to bring my makeup with me so that I could duck into the bathroom and apply my makeup at the office really quick when I got there. But as I'm walking into the building, I realized that I had left my makeup bag on my bathroom counter. I was petrified. I have really bad skin, so being without makeup for me is not an option. I seriously was about to drive all the way home and back just to get my makeup bag. On further contemplation, however, I instead did the smarter thing and ran to the closest Rite-Aid Pharmacy and headed straight for the cosmetics section. I was not in the position to be picky, so I tried to find the best makeup I could that happened to be on sale.


Maybelline was buy one get one half off, and I figured I'd might as well try something new and create an opportunity to review it on my blog. So I picked up the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation in Porcelain Ivory (not pictured) as well as the Dream Wonder Powder in Porcelain Ivory. The only product I was familiar with in this line was the Dream Matte Mousse that comes in the little pot and is a whipped foundation, but I've never actually tried anything in the Dream collection. I took a chance and brought the liquid foundation and powder back to the office and straight into the bathroom to put them on. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked this foundation! The formula of the liquid is thick and provides great coverage (bonus points for having a pump on the bottle). The powder is silky and goes on seamlessly. Together they work really well, giving me an airbrushed look that lasted all day. I didn't even need any concealer, my skin looked that flawless. I've left both products in my desk at the office just in case I'm late again (or should I say when I'm late again).

One of my splurge face items was this limited edition palettes from Wet n Wild.


This "Blush & Glow Trio" from Wet n Wild's Coloricon collection contains a bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter in a very generous-sized compact. From what I saw at the drugstore, there were three different choices in palettes, and I chose the trio called Sunset Junction. The bronzer is matte, but the blush and highlighter both have shimmer (not glitter, just a shimmery sheen). At $3.99, it's an absolute steal. This palette could have cost four times as much as it did and it still would have been a great deal. 



The shades are perfect for the fair skinned like me, and having all the shades in one compact is so convenient. I have been wearing these three shades every day since I picked up this trio. It is so good I've been searching the stores so I can buy a backup for when I run out! Unfortunately, it is sold out everywhere I look.

Has anyone tried any of these products?

Up next,  Part 2: Eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really lucked out with the Maybelline foundation and powder that you ended up loving! I've seen those Wet N Wild face palettes and they do look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...