Saturday, July 4, 2015

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products

Get ready for the second installment of my huge Spring 2015 haul, featuring eye products! The spring months are the busiest time for me at work, to the point where there is barely a moment when I am not living and breathing work. In order to keep my sanity, I frequently turned to retail therapy in the past few months, causing me to amass quite a haul of beauty items. Here's all my new eye makeup goodies!
Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I love eye makeup. I have so much eyeshadow and so many different eyeliners it's borderline hoarding. The irony is that in my everyday routine I usually only have time to slap some mascara on my lashes! But that doesn't stop me from buying and dreaming of the weekends where I have more time. 


CoverGirl recently came out with new eyeshadow quads. At first, I really had no interest in these, they seemed overpriced for the amount of product. However, then I saw a random Pin on Pinterest for a tutorial on a pink smokey eye using the Blooming Blushes quad. 

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I'm a sucker for pink, so I immediately found a coupon and went and picked it up. I've used it a few times, and generally I like it. I apologize for the photo, the quad photographs very pale, so I upped the saturation so you can see the pinks more clearly.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I have pretty full eyebrows, so I was rocking the full brow trend since the day I was born. However, I've noticed some sparseness in a few spots that I wouldn't mind filling in. I have black hair, so it's very difficult finding brow products in anything darker than dark brown. Plus, I didn't want to spend too much money since I didn't need any major fixes. I noticed in the Wet n Wild display there was a brow pencil in black for just a dollar, and includes the spoolie. How bad could it be, I'd only be wasting a buck if it was no good! I must say, however, that this is an awesome little pencil to fill in the tiny sparse spots of my brow. It's creamy, natural looking, and lasts all day. Best bang for your buck product I've tried in a long time.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

Jordana products are no longer sold at Ulta, so I wasn't sure if I'd ever see this line again. I was walking through Walgreens a few weeks ago, however, and noticed a teeny tiny display of select Jordana products tucked away in a corner. I had heard so many great things about the Jordana FabuLiner, where other bloggers had mentioned it as a holy grail liquid liner, so I picked one up to try. I don't know what the fuss is about, I thought this was horrible. I've only tried it once and it was difficult to apply and not very pigmented. Am I the only one on this?

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I've never worn false eyelashes before, but I'm seriously intrigued. I want to try them, but I don't exactly work in a place or go socially to places where falsies are appropriate. But still... I want to try. Again from my beloved Wet n Wild section, I picked up a pair of false eyelashes that look pretty full and natural, and also includes a tube of glue. I know the quality is probably not going to be the best, but at least I can practice with these and not invest a lot of money. I'll keep you guys posted.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I've been dying to get my hands on the new CoverGirl The Super Sizer mascara, basically because I love nice packaging and the turquoise color of the tube is irresistible to me. Again, I'm a sucker for packaging! Plus any mascara that promises a 400% increase in volume has to be tried. I haven't cracked this guy open yet, but it's in the mascara queue.

I had a coupon at CVS for NYC Cosmetics so I picked up the City Proof 24 Hr Eye Primer. I liked the idea of an eye primer in a crayon. I used this product once, and I really liked it. It kept my eyeshadow crease free and looking good for my whole day. However, when I went to go use it a second time, the entire stick completely fell out of the tube and onto the ground. I hadn't even twisted the product up the tube at all, it just all fell out. What a waste of money and what a poor quality product.

One item that has lived up the hype, however, is Wet n Wild's Max Volume Plus Mascara.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I am in love with this mascara. I bought this as emergency mascara one day when I had forgotten to put my current mascara in my makeup bag, and was looking for a cheap temporary replacement. Don't let the price tag fool you, this mascara is awesome. It gives a gently curl to my lashes, provides volume without clumping, and lasts all day. The brush is a bit scary looking, the bristles are really short so the wand has to get pretty close to your eye, but it is effective. I highly recommend this mascara.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I have very few Almay products, but my hairdresser recommended this liquid liner to me. We were talking about makeup, and how we both have about a million different kinds of eyeliner. She said, however, that no matter what she always goes back to her Almay Liquid Eyeliner. Rite Aid was having a sale, so I decided to pick one up and give it a go. I've used this once so far, and she was right, it's a very good liquid liner. Nice pigmentation, and it was easy to use.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 2: Eye Products - CKellyBlush

I've been looking for an affordable, fluffy blending brush. I've been using the EcoTools and elf blending brushes, but they're a little to small and the bristles too compact for what I was trying to do. I wanted something loose and fluffy. I didn't realize Rite Aid had their own line of makeup brushes, but it was an impressive selection, and based on the size and shape of this brush it looked exactly like what I was looking for. Plus, it was under $10! The handle is solid and textured for comfort, and the brush itself is soft. I can't wait to use this brush. 

I got so much good stuff this spring, my eyes are going to be gorgeous! Has anyone tried any of these products? Comment below!

Stay tuned for the final installment: Lippies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...