Monday, July 6, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: Chapstick Dual-Ended Hydration Lock

Happy Monday, lovelies! Welcome to another installment of Impulse Buy Monday, where I hope to make your Monday a little less painful with my latest purchase that I just couldn't resist. Today's beauty buy is Chapstick's Dual-Ended Hydration Lock. I purchased the Day & Night version.

Impulse Buy Monday: Chapstick Dual-Ended Hydration Lock - CKellyBlush

I had a really bad case of dry lips last week. I thought dry, chapped lips were most prevalent in the winter, but things were getting painful and my usual lip balms were just not cutting it. Am I the only person who finds medicated lip balms irritating if they're used too much? I love the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue medicated lip balm, but if I use it too frequently I feel like it does more harm than good. I was definitely in the market for something new.


In my line of work, I am talking to contacts all the time. Having flakey, dry lips is so embarrassing, and then I'm so self-conscious about it that I end up picking at my lips without even realizing it. Going to an event with desert lips and picking at them is highly unprofessional, so I needed something that would fix my tricky situation quickly and effectively.

One night after work, I ran into CVS a few minutes before closing and headed straight for the end-cap that has the serious lip care products. I've never found Chapstick to be particularly effective (I've always considered it one of those items you buy, use once, and then completely forget that it's in your purse), but I saw the Dual-Ended Hydration Lock series, and noticed that they had a special version where one side was for daytime use, and one for nighttime use. What a great idea!

The daytime side has SPF 12, which is nice since any SPF is better than no SPF at all. The nighttime side is full of beneficial oils and butters to replenish lips while you sleep. The nighttime side feels like Vaseline, where it is slippery and refreshing. The daytime side feels far less oily, but a bit more sticky and long lasting. Both sides are unflavored, which is actually a nice change of pace, as it makes wearing it a little less obvious.

I decided to take a chance and threw it in the basket. Within the first 24 hours of wearing the nighttime side and then the daytime, I noticed a huge improvement in the condition of my lips. They were no longer painful, and the flakiness had definitely subsided a little. They felt more hydrated, and looked less irritated.

After using this lip balm system regularly since purchasing, my lips are back to normal. Perhaps better than normal! Even without applying, my lips feel hydrated and comfortable. Unlike the ol' Cherry Chapstick that I lose track of immediately, the Dual-Ended Hydration Lock lip balm doesn't leave my side, I absolutely love it. I'm hoping that in the winter this lip balm will continue performing at such a high level; that will be the true test.

Have you tried the Chapstick Dual-Ended Hydration Lock lip balm? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I must have about 10 lip balms in my bag. I can't go without them as my lips get so dehydrated! x
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...