Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Awesome Autumn Makeup Trends

The air is getting crisper, the leaves have turned golden, and it's time to break out all that makeup that wasn't "summer friendly." That's right, get your liquid foundations, your darkest lippies, and your boldest eyeliner out, because it's time to play. Fall is one of my most favorite times of year, primarily because I'm no longer sweating the second I step outside, but also because I get to use all my favorite makeup without fear of it melting off my face. Out of everything the fall brings, however, my favorite fall makeup trend has to be deeper eye looks. While summer is all about light and natural, anything goes in the fall!

Awesome Autumn Makeup Trends - CKellyBlush



In the spring and summer, I feel like strong eyeliner and vivid eyeshadow is generally too heavy for everyday. It's about the natural, sun-loving look: some nice neutral eyeshadows, some mascara, and you're good to go. During the fall, not only can you still rock the natural eye, but a more intense look is just as appropriate.

This fall, I've been experimenting a lot with tightlining my waterline, something I've never done before! I'm using black eyeliner on the waterline, and it really defines the shape of my eyes and creates a more full-looking lash line. It also takes all of five seconds to accomplish, so since I'm perpetually late this is a plus. I have gotten so many compliments, so I'm a bit addicted to the technique. It's easy to have fun with different color eyeliners in the waterline, as it can change the effect completely (navy, for example, not only makes for a softer look, but also accentuates the green in my hazel eyes). Eyeliner in the waterline also makes winged liner look extra fierce (try Kat Von D's Tattoo liquid liner, it's my favorite for creating a cat eye).

I'm on a quest to find that one HG eyeliner that will not run or wear off that difficult waterline area (if you have any suggestions, leave it in the comments below!). Right now my favorite is BareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black. I've tried so many, but I find that this one lasts the longest for me.
Awesome Autumn Makeup Trends - CKellyBlush

Autumn is known for bright and vibrant colors, so this season I want my eyes to be just as colorful! For eyeshadow this fall, I'm really digging not only the colors that reflect the season (oranges, browns, greens, golds...), but also loving plums. I'm loving the matte Plum in Lorac's Pro 2 palette in the crease. It is such a beautiful shade that creates a sexy, smoky, yet work-appropriate look. Gem tones are also so much fun to play with as the weather gets colder.

I love when the fall comes and we start to get the coats, jeans, and boots out of the closet. With bold eyes and the perfect outfit, I feel so confident walking down the street like I'm on my own personal catwalk. Clothes that are comfortable, cozy, but flattering is what I look for. To match my Autumnal eye makeup, shirts like Adore Me's Sapphira is absolutely perfect. It's versatile enough for relaxing around the house but the lace details makes it fashionable for a day out as well. I love a dark eye with dark clothes also, the two just fit together so well.

And at the end of the day (or a lazy Sunday!), nothing beats wiping off the makeup and hanging around the house in comfy PJs, curled up under a blanket watching Netflix. Adore Me has a great selection of sleepwear also, I especially love the Sarah pajama set since it's fashionable yet cozy. Bingeing on TV is always better in comfortable clothes!

What's your favorite makeup or fashion trend in the fall? Let me know below! And make sure you're following me on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the fun!

1 comment:

  1. These colours are beautiful in the palette - I love Autumnal vibes.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...