Monday, October 6, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday: Jesse's Girl Eye Color Collection

Happy Monday! Or should I say, booooo it's Monday. Either way, it's that time of week again where I confess to my latest impulse buy! This one is a true impulse buy, considering I haven't even heard of the brand before!

I had a very bad cold recently, and I was in Rite Aid buying medicine. My local store is renovating, and is installing a shiny new beauty section, so there was a TON of clearance items to dig through. I found some great clearance stuff from Revlon and Physician's Formula (more on these to come in the future), and I was very beauty-satisfied when I was on my way to the checkout line. But that's when I saw it: a display I've never seen before, with products I didn't recognize! Jesse's Girl cosmetics was calling out to me! With eyeshadows, mineral makeup, nail polish, lip gloss, even makeup brushes, this line was pretty impressive and very reasonably priced. It reminded me a lot of NYC and Wet n Wild. I decided to get one of the nine shade Eye Color Collection palettes in Tickled Pink. It retails at Rite Aid for $3.99 (can you believe it).


Impulse Buy Monday: Jesse's Girl Eye Color Collection - CKellyBlush

The packaging is beautifully sleek, and I must admit I love the feel of it and love just looking at all the colors! Tickled Pink has a gorgeous range of shades, from light pinks, to purples, and progressively darker into corals and brownish reds. All the colors have a bit of sparkle in them, but some are far more matte than others. This palette is perfect for fall, especially with the deeper colors that have a lot of brown and orange notes. It's such a versatile collection, where each color could easily stand on its own for a one color look, but also can combine into new and fun multi-color styles. Oooh, the darker purple and the coral shades would look so interesting together!

I didn't notice much fallout on my lids or cheeks, which I was fully expecting with such a low-priced palette. However in the pans, there was a lot of flaking when I dipped my brushes, but that's not too big of a deal. The palette smelled strongly of what I can only describe as makeup from when I was a kid. Not quite like baby powder, but almost. The first ingredient is Talc, so that explains that! The Talc may turn some people off to this palette, but I've got to say the smell actually made me really nostalgic (there's no smell when it's applied).

The look I created (left side):

Impulse Buy Monday: Jesse's Girl Eye Color Collection - CKellyBlush

Unfortunately each shade is not named! I'm going to refer to them as numbers, starting with #1 on the left of the palette to #9 on the right side. For this look, I used #6 all over my eyelid (the coral looking shade). In my crease and the outer corner, I used the darker plum shade #8. In my inner corner and under my brow bone I used the first shade, the light pink #1. Under my eye I used the plum #8. For eyeliner I used L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner, and my mascara is Cover Girl Flamed Up Mega Curl.

In person, the eyeshadow comes off much more pigmented than in the photo. I am still trying to get the hang of taking photos of my own eyes, it's very difficult!

I love the look I created with this palette. It's absolutely perfect for autumn! I'm satisfied with the strength of the pigment, as I was worried that because the price was so low the quality would be low, too, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My only complaint is with the highlight color (#1). There was zero pigment with that shade, it disappeared once it hit my skin. 

Impulse Buy Verdict: Completely worth it!

2 comments:

  1. How great that it turned out better than you thought! Sometimes cheap makeup can surprise you. modelabmag.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty palette :)

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...