Monday, October 13, 2014

So Many Foundations

As I've mentioned many times before, I love bareMinerals Original Foundation. It's my go to, everyday HG product. It's easy to use, doesn't cost an exorbitant amount of money, won't aggravate my acne-prone skin, quick to apply, and lasts forever (seriously, I opened my current jar in December and I'm only getting to the end now).

But I'm going to let you in on a little secret... sometimes I cheat on my beloved bareMinerals. I'm only human, and humans get bored! Let's say it is a Saturday, and I'm on my way out for the evening, and I want that dewy look. Am I going to reach for powder foundation? Heck no. That's when I go to a nice liquid foundation. Or maybe I just don't feel like doing the whole bareMinerals routine of tap, swirl, and buff. Yes, sometimes I am that lazy. That's when I grab my pressed powder and quickly swipe it all over my face. Sometimes I just need to switch it up, but that's when this happens:


So Many Foundations - CKellyBlush

Quite a collection of foundations! These are only the foundations I could put my hands on right away, I fear there are more lurking in the shadows. Some of these are for touch-ups and live solely in my purse. Some hang out in my makeup storage and only see the light of day when I'm in the mood. Some of them are even unopened! But each one has their pros and cons.

My favorite, obviously bareMinerals Original, I'm going to skip. Y'all know I'm in love.

My favorite liquid foundation would be the bareMinerals bareSkin liquid foundation. Check out my review here, however I haven't been grabbing for it much lately. I've also found that if you don't use it for a while, you have to really, really shake it to get all the liquid mixed up again.

Instead, I've been digging the Cover Girl Whipped Creme foundation. It has a weird smell, but fantastic coverage and doesn't feel at all heavy. Also, it blends very easily.

When I'm looking for a more full coverage powder, I go for the bareMinerals Ready foundation. This stuff is serious, folks. A lighter hand is a must with this, as it can get a bit cakey if you use too much.

My favorite for touch-ups is L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder. The compact is tiny enough not to take up too much space in my bag, and the amount of coverage is perfect for those quick fixes I need midway through the day on my oily spots. By itself, however, this foundation does not provide as much coverage as the loose or pressed bareMinerals powder.

One foundation I always keep on hand just in case is Cover Girl Clean Makeup. It's a classic foundation I've been using since college. It's a basic, medium coverage foundation that never goes out of style. If you're new to foundations, try this one out, it's a good beginner.

And I just purchased a brand new (to me) foundation, Revlon ColorStay Makeup liquid foundation. I've heard so many great things about this drugstore gem from other beauty bloggers, so I decided to pick it up for myself. I'd love to find a full coverage foundation that stays put during the day, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this lives up to the hype.

What are your favorite foundations? Do you find yourself switching up your routine now and then?

PS I just thought of a foundation I forgot to include, my IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation. Check out my review here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey great work! Great stuff!
    Please check out my fiancee's blog if you like :)

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...