Monday, January 12, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara

Happy Monday, lovelies! Today's beauty item I couldn't resist picking up is the new mascara, Full Lash Bloom, part of the lashblast collection by CoverGirl.

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara - CKellyBlush

Folks, I keep seeing this mascara popping up everywhere. TV, YouTube, blogs, magazines, Twitter, displays at the store, everywhere. You cannot miss this magenta tube. I tried, I truly tried, not to buy it. I have a whole drawer of unopened mascaras waiting their turn in the queue to be used, I really didn't need this. But...it's pink! I love pink.


In all seriousness, I bought this primarily because of the hype that it leaves your lashes soft and volumized, without clumping or getting crunchy. The packaging promises "touchably soft, full lashes," and a mousse formula with beeswax that also won't flake. Mousse formula? Interesting. I've never had a mascara that is a mousse and keeps my lashes soft to the touch, so at least it's a unique addition to my collection.

The last mascara I used, The Falsies by Maybelline (see my review here), was a great mascara, and one that I recommend and would probably purchase again. But I have to say, I love this CoverGirl mascara so far. I bought it last week and have used it several times since.

Full Lash Bloom lives up to its promises, creating a volumized lash look with softness. I couldn't believe that my lashes were actually soft! It felt like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all, rather than the two coats of this magic formula. No other mascara I've tried has that effect. It didn't clump at all when applying, and never flaked throughout the day. The volume it provides is decent, no where near the degree of The Falsies, but pretty good. The softness is the selling point with this item.

Here's a look at the wand:

Impulse Buy Monday: CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara - CKellyBlush

Does anyone else wish that the wands would stay their fun color and not turn black even after putting them into the tube? Hands? I'm the only one? Ok.

The wand is straight and has short and long bristles, but even the long bristles are still kind of stubby. I'm not usually a fan of rubber bristles and like natural bristles, but this wand is fine. The formula of the mascara is on the drier side, which I actually prefer, but at first I wasn't sure if I had enough product on the wand it was so dry (I did).

I definitely recommend two coats. One coat would probably be adequate, but two looks fantastic. I also enjoy using this on the lower lash line, and the wand is small enough to get to those hard to reach lashes.

Impulse Buy Verdict: LOVE this mascara and highly recommend it.

Anyone else try this beauty yet?

2 comments:

  1. I love trying new mascara's! I might have to try this nearer to the time as I use Max Factor right now! Lovely post!!!

    Senay x
    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...