Monday, January 5, 2015

Impulse Buy Monday: The Wet Brush

Happy first Monday of 2015! Today's Impulse Buy Monday is a true impulse as I had barely heard of this product before I bought it: The Wet Brush.


Impulse Buy Monday: The Wet Brush - CKellyBlush

I have a major hair breakage problem. I know it's really bad to brush wet hair, but using the gentler option of a comb wouldn't work. I have really thick hair, and I'd never be able to get a comb through it! So my brush was really the only option even though it was probably damaging my locks.


I recently watched a Morning Routine video from Eleventh Gorgeous on YouTube where The Wet Brush was mentioned for a split second, but somewhere in my subconscious the brush burrowed its way into my brain. I was shopping for Christmas at Bed, Bath & Beyond and I noticed The Wet Brush on a display. If it's good enough for Eleventh Gorgeous, it's good enough for me, so I decided to try it and threw it in my basket. 

According to the packaging, it promises ultra-flexible bristles that will glide through wet or dry hair, detangling without damage.

I've used this brush several times, and so far it's living up to the claims. I only use it for wet hair, and I definitely notice less leftover strands when I'm done brushing it out, compared to my regular brush. It also doesn't pull on my hair to get through the knots, so less hair is ripped out. There was still hair in the brush, but I suspect that these were due to just normal fallout and not breakage. The brush detangles my hair really well, slipping effortlessly through my tangled mess.

The bristles are definitely flexible, but the rubber base they are attached to is not flexible at all, and is actually a bit uncomfortable against my scalp because it's so stiff. The handle is also very slight and not ergonomic. I wish it was a bit thicker so I'd have a better grip on it, and I wish the rubber base of the bristles had more give to it.

I'm hoping that as I continue to use it the condition of my hair will improve. The damage I have done to my hair has created terrible flyaways, making my hair look frizzy. If The Wet Brush lives up to its promises, I think that the breakage causing the frizziness will decrease and my damaged hair will grow out. Fingers crossed!

Impulse Buy Verdict: Glad I bought it, I hope it works to help my hair!

Does anyone else use The Wet Brush?

4 comments:

  1. this sounds really good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I'm really liking this brush so far :)
      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. I think I need to get this, my hair gets so knotty and I hate seeing the chunks of hair come out!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the worst! I get so upset when I see so much hair on my regular brush. So far The Wet Brush has been helping though.
      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...