Monday, November 3, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday - Folio Yarn by Berroco

Impulse Buy Monday - Folio Yarn by Berroco - CKellyBlush



That's right, my friends, this week's Impulse Buy Monday is not a beauty item I've picked up, but instead a crafty one! You may not know this, but I enjoy crocheting as a hobby. It's a great way to relax, and I love creating and giving handmade gifts to my friends. My mother and I make a habit of visiting the local yarn shops as much as we can, and on our last visit to our favorite haunt I picked up these beautiful skeins of a yarn called Folio.



Made from 65% Superfine Alpaca and 35% Rayon, this yarn feels like
an absolute dream. I love the feel of Alpaca yarn, and not only is it incredibly soft and squishy, but it's also very warm for the cold winter months. This yarn feels very silky, and doesn't have any of that dreaded scratchiness of some yarns.

What caught my eye first was the mint green shade, as it is an unusual color and pops out to the eye when walking down the yarn shop aisles. Originally I was only going to purchase a few of that one color, but as I looked at all the other colors sitting in the bin I kept falling in love over and over. How could I choose some shades over the others when they are all so beautiful? Well, that's how I ended up with one in each color.

My plan is to make a striped cowl, since cowls are my most favorite thing to make (and the easiest!). I can't wait until it gets a bit colder and we get to the heart of knit/crochet season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...