Monday, November 17, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush

Happy Monday, my friends! It's that time of week again, where I share with you my latest impulse buy that I've been trying out. Today is another piece of my awesome Rite Aid clearance haul (read about it here), the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush in Rose.


$2.99, can you believe it?! The original price was $11.95. Such a great deal, and I can't resist a clearance item!

This is a mineral formula, that's talc-free and even includes SPF 30. I've rarely seen blush with SPF, so that's pretty impressive. With my fair skin, any SPF I can get is fantastic since I burn practically the second I walk out the door! This blush also promises a "Smoothing, Firming, Lifting Effect."


This is a very pink shade, on the darker end of the spectrum, but still very very pink. It's not 100% matte, but it's very close (the shimmer is incredibly difficult to see, and when applied I do not notice any sparkle at all).

I have to be honest, the packaging completely flummoxed me at first, I couldn't figure out how to open it! And then when I did, the middle pan with the actual product in it kept flipping up to reveal the brush storage, even when I didn't want it to! I soon got the hang of it though. And as for the brush, just throw it away, it is a real joke.

I've been using this blush off and on for about two weeks now, and I have to say I do like it. It is incredibly pigmented, so be very careful not to swirl your brush of choice in it and instead just tap it into the product. I use my elf Studio Blush Brush, and I use one side to lightly dab into the blush about three times, then tap off the excess, and apply to the cheek. I then use the clean side to blend and then repeat for the other side. I'm very happy with the resulting flush of pink, it looks very natural. Paired with the Cashmere Bronzer I reviewed last week (check it out here), I get a nice healthy glow along with pretty good contouring. 

The Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush also has very good stamina. The package promises it will last 16 hours, which is a pretty big claim, but I notice that it's still in tact by the end of my workday and that is all I really need.

As for the smoothing and lifting, I'm thinking this is just a ploy to get you to buy it as I haven't noticed any such effect. I do appreciate that the formula is hypoallergenic and dermatologist recommended since I have problem skin, but other than that it's just another pretty blush.

Impulse Buy Verdict: Although I only spent $2.99 on it, I would probably spend the full retail price. I think it's a fantastic drugstore option for blush, and the fact that there's very little shimmer is a plus (I find it hard to find matte drugstore shades). I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a well-pigmented, sensitive skin friendly blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...