Monday, November 10, 2014

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer

Where did the weekend go??

So you may remember a while back when I went a little nuts at Rite Aid because they were having a huge clearance on beauty products. One of the items I picked up was the Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer. Honestly the only reason this caught my eye was the adorable knit pattern that was stamped into the product. It is so cute, I almost hate to use the bronzer and ruin it!


Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer

$13.95? I don't think so, I think I paid $3.48 for it! I love a good bargain.


The packaging on this bronzer is where the wow factor comes to play. The compact is a suede-like material, opens with a tiny gold tassel, and includes a generous mirror and a surprisingly large brush. Classy! Each different pattern in the knit overlay is a slightly different shade, with the cabled stripe containing a beautiful gold shimmer. I'm curious as to whether the gold goes all the way through, as I have seen other Physicians Formula products have glittery oversprays and just regular ol' product underneath.

Impulse Buy Monday: Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer

This bronzer makes a ton of promises based on its "cashmere extract," including that it will leave "skin feeling smooth, soft and nourished." I haven't noticed any of these "conditioning effects," but I will say that this bronzer applies wonderfully. The cashmere aspect is an interesting idea, but not a selling factor for me. It was all about the packaging (exactly what an impulse buy is meant to be!).

I have very pale skin, so finding a bronzer that suits my fairness can sometimes be difficult. However, this bronzer is a nice shade for contouring, especially up around my forehead for that sun-kissed look. Using an angled brush, I apply the matte brown shades to below my cheekbones and up around my my hairline. Then, I go back in to just the gold stripe and use that on the tops of my cheekbones. I think it is a flattering, natural shade for my skin tone.

Impulse Buy Verdict: I am very pleased with this clearance section find! I'm not sure I would have shelled out the full retail price for it, but I am so glad I bought it when I saw it.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post! LOVE your blog!!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!!! You made my day :)
      Thanks for reading! xoxo
      CKellyBlush

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...