Sunday, November 2, 2014

October Favorites


CKellyBlush October Favorites


I love reading other beauty bloggers' monthly favorites, so I decided to join in on the fun! Get ready for... October Favorites! What did I go gaga over this month?


- Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Coral Crave

CKellyBlush October Favorites

Let me start by saying I hate the regular Baby Lips line. I know, I'm one of the few people out there that hate it, but it's true. I find them uncomfortable, hideous looking, and ineffective. I also generally hate medicated lip balms. So why would I buy a combination of two things I loathe? Eh, I had a coupon and I took a chance. I'm really glad I did! This is one of the best lip balms I have ever owned. It's nice and hydrating, has the perfect amount of slipperiness, and the color is flattering and not cakey. The medicated aspect doesn't bother me too much, as the menthol is not overwhelming at all. This is my HG lip balm at the moment and I never leave home without it, especially as the weather gets colder.

- Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Midnight

CKellyBlush October Favorites

No joke, this is the only pencil eyeliner that I have been able to use without it ending in complete failure and frustration. This eyeliner glides on like a dream! The color is strong and dark, and does last a very long time (it started smudging after about 12 hours, with about 3 hours behind a camera, so really nice staying power). As to the waterproof aspect, I cannot say as I only used it on my top lashes and not in my waterline. Although the price tag is a bit steep at $15 (Ulta), I will say that so far I would definitely repurchase this in a heartbeat.

- Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Bacon

CKellyBlush October Favorites

When I saw this in the grocery store, I knew I had to have it. Bacon and cream cheese is one of my absolute favorite combos, so I was so excited to try this. Nothing beats a freshly toasted bagel with a shmear of cream cheese and some crispy bacon on top! Would this new variety of Philadelphia live up to that? Well, not exactly, but it's very close. I've been having it every morning on my bagel and I love it. The sweet tanginess of the cream cheese combined with the smokiness of the bacon is a fantastic topper. I've already bought a second tub! However, if you're watching your weight, I will warn you that this is full fat cream cheese (5g of fat per serving). My only complaint is that I wish the bacon bits weren't so microscopic. Although the bacon flavor is obvious, the bacon is just tiny specs mixed in with the cream cheese.

- Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Pecan Waffles 3-Wick Candle

CKellyBlush October Favorites

My favorite thing about fall is that it's finally time for pumpkin everything. I got this candle on sale at Bath & Body Works and I've never felt this way about a candle before. The scent makes me so cozy and happy. It's a strong scent that fills my apartment with warmth and sweetness. Imagine a scent that combines maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and pure bliss. I wish I could wrap myself up in it! I bought other pumpkin scented items during the sale, but this is the standout. If you haven't gotten an autumn scented candle yet this season, do yourself a favor and grab this before it's gone from the store!

There you have it folks, my favorite things from this October!





5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the original baby lips! I hate them. I think I'll have to try the new ones though! Also that candle looks amazing! Great post :) xx

    Xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candle is sooooo good I can't handle it lol! You can usually find a good deal on Maybelline at the drugstore when it's on sale, I highly recommend giving the Dr Rescue line a try. Way better than regular Baby Lips!!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I want to try that eyeliner- it looks like the UD 24/7 eyeliners but a little cheaper. Thanks for the recommendation :)

    redefiningbeautyful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Urban Decay liners, but I am seriously in love with Mally's!
      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely Post :)
    I love the candles xx
    http://tilililly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...