Saturday, August 1, 2015

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies

Hey, I know it's not spring anymore, but I just had to finish my ginormous spring haul series with the final chapter: lip products! This is probably my favorite category, as I just can't get enough lipsticks, lip glosses, and lip balms. My collection is extensive, alarming, and ever-growing, and this spring was no exception as six beautiful lippies joined my makeup family.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

I'm already a huge fan of the NYX Butter Gloss, but recently they've come out with Intense Butter Gloss featuring "extreme color." 


Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

I got the shade Toasted Marshmallow, which is a deep, dark berry color. I absolutely love this shade, but it's more of a fall/winter color so I haven't used it much yet. The color payoff is amazing, seriously pigmented and true to color. Like it's original cousin, this gloss tastes so good I have to resist licking it off my lips!

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

Also new from NYX is their line of High Voltage Lipstick. I bought the shade Tiara which I can only describe as princess pink. It's a really flattering pink shade without being too pink. Like the Intense Butter Gloss, the pigmentation from this lipstick is really impressive. I hate the tube though, it's long and thin, and for some reason the lipstick smears all over the inside of the clear cap and I have no idea how it happens. I hate messy caps.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

A complete impulse buy, I picked up Wet N Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in Red-dy Or Not. I knew nothing of these balm stains before purchasing, but they were on sale and I thought that this was a really pretty shade of red. I bought two (one for me, one for my blogiversary giveaway winner) and I think these are a great, low-priced alternative to similar products on the market. The gloss is not quite true to color, but comfortable to wear, long-lasting, and the color that remains after the gloss fades is pretty close to the original. For a stain that is only a few dollars, I was super impressed (plus it doesn't have that heavy mint smell like the Revlon balm stains, which is a positive in my opinion).

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

I'm really into matte lipsticks lately, and when I saw the display at Walgreens for the Wet N Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color, I couldn't resist it. The word velvet called out to me, and the crayon packaging beckoned. I immediately threw it in my basket. I'm not sure how many shades there are, but my Walgreens only had the shade Trendscendence, which is a nude mauve shade. It was the only time I had ever seen them at Walgreens, and I haven't seen them since (perhaps it was fate). This crayon is a bit dry at first, but the shade is gorgeous and worth the extra effort to work with it. I absolutely love it, and got many compliments the first time I wore it out.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

Also from Wet N Wild's Fergie line, I picked up a Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain in the shade Legendary Face, which in the tube is a muted pink. When I pulled out the wand, however, I was shocked at the color of the applicator. It looked like it was dyed hot pink, but I'm pretty sure it was just the product leeching the crazy color onto the fibers of the applicator. Makes me wonder what chemicals are in there. Nevertheless, I've tried it a few times and the color it gives is not crazy pink. It's a nice lip gloss, and the stain is great, however when the stain starts to break down it doesn't just wear off- it crumbles into little bits. I hate when a lip product crumbles! It's like sand on my lips.

Spring 2015 Haul Part 3: Lippies - CKellyBlush

And last, my pride and joy, I splurged and got a Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in the shade Melted Chihuahua. I've been pining after one of these for so long, but the price tag was just too much for me. However, my mother surprised me with a gift card to Ulta and I decided to spend it on something completely frivolous. I love this shade (as evidenced by the multiple other lipsticks I have in a similar spice shade), and I love the formula. It's so comfortable to wear, and lasts a long time. Sometimes I tend to save high-end makeup, like it's too good to use, so I have to make a conscious effort to wear and enjoy this lipstick, not to save it!

That's all folks, all of my massive spring 2015 haul. In case you missed my first two installments, take a look at my Face Products and Eye Products posts.

What have you been hauling lately?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need one of the Nyx lip butters in my life they look amazing! The melted lipsticks by too faced are also incredible xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...